1. Company Details
TalentintheCloud PTY Limited, trading as titc.io, is a services firm specializing in talent acquisition, marketing, PR, and events within the Fintech and Payments sector. The company is incorporated in South Africa (TalentintheCloud PTY Limited). Currently, the TalentintheCloud team consists of 10 people, with grand plans for future expansion. Our core service offerings are: Permanent Staffing Solutions, Contract Staffing Solutions, In-house Talent Management, Digital Marketing, Verification Checks, Event Management, PR Services, and Growth Marketing.
Information Officer Details
Unit 13, First Floor, Block B
Blueberry Office Park
28 Apple Street,
Same as physical address
Tel: +27 (21) 012 5989
Contact: Darren Franks
We are committed to compliance with The Protection of Personal Information (POPI) Act which requires us to sufficiently inform candidates/applicants/work-seekers (data subjects), hereafter referred to as candidates, the purpose for which we will process their personal information; protect our Information assets from threats, whether internal or external, deliberate or accidental, to ensure business continuation, minimise business damage and maximise business opportunities.
This policy and compliance framework establishes measures and standards for the protection and lawful processing of personal information within our organisation and provides principles regarding the right of individuals to privacy and to reasonable safeguarding of their personal information.
The Information Officer, Darren Franks, is responsible for conducting a preliminary assessment, the development, implementation, and monitoring of this policy and compliance framework, ensuring that this policy is supported by appropriate documentation, ensuring that documentation is relevant and kept up to date, ensuring this policy and subsequent updates are communicated to relevant managers, representatives, staff, and associates, where applicable.
All employees, subsidiaries, business units, departments, and individuals directly associated with TalentintheCloud are responsible for adhering to this policy and for reporting any security breaches/incidents to the Information Officer.
Any Service Provider that provides Information Technology services, including but not limited to data storage facilities, to our organization must adhere to the requirements of the POPI Act to ensure adequate protection of personal information held by them on our behalf. Written confirmation to this effect must be obtained from relevant service providers.
3. Policy Principles
- Accountability – We must take reasonable steps to ensure that personal information obtained from candidates is stored safely. This includes CVs, Resumes, References, Qualifications, Integrity Checks, and any other personal information that may be obtained for the purpose of candidate representation.
- Processing Limitation – We will collect personal information from direct applications by the candidate, and third party databases such as job boards, career sites, social media networks, and specialist research partners. Once in our possession, we will only process or release candidate information with their consent, except where we are required to do so by law. In the latter case, we will always inform the candidate.
- Specific Purpose – We collect personal information from candidates to enable us to represent them to our clients for the purpose of recruitment.
- Limitation on Further Processing – Personal information may not be processed further in a way that is incompatible with the purpose for which the information was collected. We collect personal information for recruitment and it will only be used for that purpose. We reserve the right to hold information in a secured database for a period of time up to and until the candidate has asked TalentintheCloud to remove personal information.
- Information Quality – We are responsible for ensuring that candidate information is complete, up-to-date, and accurate before we use it. This means that it may be necessary to request candidates, from time to time, to update their information and confirm that it is still current. If we are unable to reach a candidate for this purpose, their information will be deleted from our records.
- Transparency/Openness – Where personal information is collected from a source other than directly from a candidate (e.g., social media, portals), we are responsible for ensuring that the candidate is aware that their information is being collected, who is collecting their information by giving them our details, and of the specific reason that you are collecting their information.
- Security Safeguards – We will ensure technical and organisational measures to secure the integrity of personal information and guard against the risk of loss, damage or destruction. Personal information must also be protected against any unauthorised or unlawful access or processing. We are committed to ensuring that information is only used for legitimate purposes with candidate consent and only by authorised employees of our agency.
- Participation of Individuals – Candidates are entitled to know particulars of their personal information held by us, as well as the identity of any authorised employees of our agency that had access. They are also entitled to correct any information held by us.
4. Operational Considerations
Monitoring: The Management and Information Officer are responsible for administering and overseeing the implementation of this policy and, as applicable, supporting guidelines, standard operating procedures, notices, consents, and appropriate related documents and processes. All employees, subsidiaries, business units, departments, and individuals directly associated with us are to be trained, according to their functions, in the regulatory requirements, policies, and guidelines that govern the protection of personal information. We will conduct periodic reviews and audits, where appropriate, to ensure compliance with this policy and guidelines.
Operating controls: We shall establish appropriate standard operating procedures that are consistent with this policy and regulatory requirements. This will include allocation of information security roles, incident reporting and management, User ID addition or deletion, information security training, and data backup.
Policy Compliance: Any breaches of this policy may result in disciplinary action and possible termination of employment.
As part of our social responsibility and in an effort to battle unemployment rates, we will be sending out emails to all applications on our database with tips on how to optimise your job search. If, however, you are not interested in receiving such communications, you may unsubscribe and opt out from our mailing list.